Were you severely injured in a bus accident in Phoenix? If so, you may be entitled to financial compensation for the cost of medical treatment, missed income, pain and suffering, and other losses. However, obtaining this compensation is not easy. You need an experienced Phoenix bus accident attorney who can help you understand the extent of these losses and hold the at-fault party accountable.
After a bus accident in Phoenix, you need to move quickly to preserve your legal right to compensation. At Silkman Law Firm Injury & Accident Lawyer, we have extensive experience handling these complex cases. We have the skills and the resources to take on private bus operators, government agencies, and big insurance companies. We will take the time to get to know you and understand your needs so we can fight for the best possible outcome in your case.
Reach out to us today for a free consultation with a seasoned Phoenix bus accident lawyer. There is no charge for us to start work on your case. You only pay us if we recover money for you.
Why Bus Accident Claims Are More Complicated
Claims involving bus accidents are often more complex than those involving other types of motor vehicle accidents because:
- Bus crashes result in more serious injuries – The sheer size of buses intensifies the impact of collisions with smaller vehicles, resulting in serious injuries for the occupants of those vehicles. Passengers inside the bus may also suffer injuries in a collision, as many buses are not equipped with seatbelts or other safety devices, and passengers may be standing with minimal restraints. Serious injuries can, in turn, lead to more complicated claims, as they result in expensive medical treatment, longer time off work, and a greater impact on future earnings.
- More people are involved – Bus accidents have the potential to injure many people, especially if the bus is carrying a lot of passengers. The more people who are injured in an accident, the harder it is to resolve all the claims, especially if the liable bus company’s insurance coverage and other financial resources are depleted by multiple significant legal claims. If that happens, some or all of the injured victims may end up receiving less than full compensation for their expenses and losses.
- Multiple vehicles may be involved – Bus accidents also have the potential to involve many other vehicles on the road. This can also increase the number of injured victims and complicate the process of ensuring that every injured victim receives fair and full compensation.
- More potentially liable parties – Unlike other types of motor vehicle accidents, where fault is usually only assigned to a driver or drivers involved in the crash, fault for a bus accident may fall upon many other parties. While a bus driver can be held liable, other potentially liable parties may share some blame. These other parties may include the bus company, the bus’s owner (if the bus is not owned by the company that operates it), third-party mechanics who service the bus, or the manufacturer of the bus or parts used on the bus.
- Complexities with insurance – Finally, bus companies may have complex insurance coverages that can make getting full compensation difficult. Many bus operators have layered insurance policies, in which some policies do not go into effect until coverage in another policy is exhausted. This can make it hard to determine how much insurance coverage a bus company has, especially if a liable bus company tries to offer the “policy limit” of their coverage.
Pursuing Maximum Compensation for Your Bus Accident Injuries in Phoenix, AZ
If you were involved in a bus accident that wasn’t your fault, you deserve compensation for your injuries and losses.
A Phoenix bus accident lawyer from our firm will help you demand full compensation for all the losses you have incurred, including:
- Medical expenses for treatment and rehabilitation services, including ER visits, doctor’s appointments, surgeries, physical and occupational therapy, prescription and other medication purchases, and mobility/medical equipment purchases
- Expenses for home health service or long-term care for chronic injuries or permanent disabilities
- Loss of income due to missed work
- Loss of earning capacity and employment benefits, if disabilities render you unable to return to full-time work or other gainful employment
- Loss of enjoyment and quality of life because of disabilities that interfere with daily living or scarring/disfigurement
- Physical pain and emotional trauma and distress caused by your injuries and medical recovery
Additionally, if you were driving your own vehicle when you were involved in a bus accident, you may be entitled to recover compensation for repair expenses or for the value of your vehicle if it was totaled.
Do not let an insurance company tell you what your case is worth. Their goal is to pay you as little as possible. Let a trusted personal injury attorney from Silkman Law Firm Injury & Accident Lawyer fight for the full recovery you deserve.
How Long Do You Have to File a Bus Accident Lawsuit in Phoenix, Arizona?
Arizona’s statute of limitations on bus accident claims normally gives you only two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. However, if you are pursuing a bus accident claim against a public entity such as a school district or Valley Metro, Arizona law requires you to provide notice of your claim to the public agency within 180 days of the crash.
If you fail to provide timely notice of your claim to a public bus operator, or if you fail to file your bus accident claim prior to the expiration of the statute of limitations, you risk losing the right to compensation.
Types of Bus Accident Cases We Handle
A knowledgeable Phoenix bus accident attorney from Silkman Law Firm Injury & Accident Lawyer can advocate for your rights and interests after a:
- School bus accident
- Valley Metro bus accident
- Greyhound or other intercity bus accident
- Tour bus accident
- Charter bus accident
- Shuttle bus accident
- Trolley accident
- Party bus accident
- Motorcoach accident
How a Phoenix Bus Accident Attorney Can Help
After a wreck, you shouldn’t have to face the big bus companies and their lawyers on your own. Let a Phoenix bus accident attorney from our firm take the pressure off you and manage all the details of your claim.
Our Phoenix bus accident lawyer can help by:
- Investigating the accident, including by visiting and documenting the crash scene, obtaining documents like police accident reports and internal investigation reports, and working with accident reconstruction experts to determine how the collision happened
- Identifying all liable parties, including drivers, their employers, and anyone else involved in the operation and maintenance of the bus
- Documenting the full extent of your losses, including damages you are expected to experience in the future
- Building a strong, persuasive case on your behalf, and presenting your claims to the at-fault parties and their insurance companies
- Aggressively negotiating with insurance adjusters and defense lawyers for a bus accident settlement that provides you with the fair and full compensation you need
- Litigating your claim at trial if necessary to secure maximum recovery in your case
If you have been injured in a bus crash in Phoenix, you deserve the help of a passionate personal injury attorney who is committed to your full recovery. You can count on Silkman Law Firm Injury & Accident Lawyer for personalized service and aggressive advocacy. Our attorney can meet with you for a free, no-obligation consultation where you can get answers to your questions and advice on how to move forward. Contact us today to get started.