Property owners are required by law to keep their premises safe for visitors. When they fail in this obligation, innocent people can get hurt. A slip and fall accident can leave you with painful injuries, expensive medical treatment, time off work, and other damages. You shouldn’t be financially responsible for these losses – not when someone else’s carelessness or indifference is to blame. Turn to a Phoenix slip and fall lawyer for help demanding the financial compensation you deserve during this difficult time.
At Silkman Law Firm Injury & Accident Lawyer, we focus exclusively on representing people who have been injured in accidents that could have been prevented. We offer personalized service and aggressive advocacy. We have the experience and the resources to go up against deep-pocketed property owners and their insurance companies.
Let us take the stress off you after a slip and fall accident. Contact us today for a free initial consultation. We do not charge any fees unless we recover payment for you.
What Do You Have to Prove in a Slip and Fall Claim?
Just because you slipped and fell on someone else’s property does not automatically mean the property owner can be held liable for your injuries. To recover compensation in a slip and fall claim, you need to prove:
- You fell on somebody’s property where you were legally visiting.
- The accident occurred due to a condition of the property that was created by the owner or that the owner had a legal obligation to remove or warn you about.
- You sustained some sort of loss for which you can be financially compensated, such as medical bills, lost income, or pain and suffering.
How Can a Phoenix Slip and Fall Attorney Help?
Pursuing a slip and fall claim can be a complex and time-consuming endeavor, especially while you’re trying to recover from your injuries. Instead, let a Phoenix slip and fall attorney from Silkman Law Firm Injury & Accident Lawyer help you by:
- Investigating the accident and recovering any available evidence, including accident scene photos, witness statements, or surveillance footage of your fall
- Bringing in accident reconstruction/engineering experts if necessary to help us persuasively show how the accident occurred and why the property owner or another party bears responsibility for your fall
- Documenting the full extent of your losses, including future anticipated damages
- Vigorously negotiating for a slip and fall settlement that meets your needs
- Taking your case to trial if necessary to thoroughly pursue all available options for recovering the maximum compensation possible
Many slip and fall victims worry that they cannot afford the expense of a personal injury attorney, especially if they’re struggling with medical bills and lost income from time off work. But at Silkman Law Firm Injury & Accident Lawyer, we work on a contingency fee basis. This means we will only get paid an agreed-upon percentage of whatever we recover on your behalf. You won’t pay us a dime until after we’ve secured the money you deserve.
Demanding Fair Compensation After a Slip and Fall Accident in Phoenix
No one can tell you right away how much your slip and fall case is worth. After a fall, it is important to take the time to thoroughly assess your injuries and understand how they are affecting your life.
Fair compensation for your injuries from a slip and fall should account for losses such as:
- Medical bills for ER and hospital visits, surgeries and other medical procedures, doctor’s appointments, MRIs and CT scans, physical therapy, and prescription pain medications
- Expenses for long-term care if you sustained permanent disabilities that impact your day-to-day life
- Lost wages or income if you take time off work to recover from your injuries
- Loss of future earnings if disabilities impact your ability to return to work after the accident
- Loss of enjoyment or quality of life due to scarring/disfigurement or disabilities caused by your injuries
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma and distress from the accident or your injuries
You cannot trust an insurance company to accurately assess what you’ve been through. Their goal is to pay you as little as possible. Their adjusters and attorneys work on cases like yours every day, and they will be ready to fight. That’s why it’s crucial to have an experienced Phoenix slip and fall attorney on your side to level the playing field.