Motorcyclists are far more likely than other motorists to be seriously injured in a collision. Crashes can leave motorcyclists with overwhelming medical bills, lost income, property damage, pain and suffering, and other losses. If you have been hurt in a wreck that was caused by someone else, turn to an experienced Phoenix motorcycle accident attorney for help.
At Silkman Law Firm Injury & Accident Lawyer, we are focused entirely on representing people who have been injured at the hands of others. We have extensive experience taking on deep-pocketed insurance companies and securing maximum payment for our deserving clients. Our entire team takes pride in providing outstanding, personalized service tailored to your unique needs and concerns.
Reach out to us today for a free consultation with a trusted Phoenix motorcycle accident lawyer. Our firm does not charge any fees unless we recover money for you.
Why Are Phoenix Motorcycle Accident Claims More Complicated?
Pursuing financial compensation in a motorcycle accident claim can be more complicated than other kinds of motor vehicle accident claims because:
- Motorcycle riders tend to suffer more serious injuries. Because motorcyclists lack the protection of a vehicle frame or other safety equipment like airbags or seatbelts, they often experience significantly worse injuries in motorcycle collisions. Serious injuries tend to mean more complicated claims, as they involve more costly treatment, longer-lasting disabilities, and more time off work.
- At-fault drivers may not have enough insurance coverage. The losses of motorcycle accident victims can quickly exceed the at-fault driver’s liability insurance coverage since many drivers only carry the minimum insurance coverage required by law. This can force injured riders to look to other sources for full compensation, such as seeking coverage under their own insurance policy.
- At-fault drivers and insurers may try to pin the blame on the motorcyclist. At-fault drivers and their insurers have been known to try to avoid liability by relying on biases and stereotypes about motorcyclists. They may claim that the motorcyclist was speeding or riding recklessly and therefore bears some share of fault for a crash. This makes pursuing a personal injury case more complicated, as the motorcyclist must fight to refute these kinds of personal injury claims.
What You Need to Know About Proving Fault After a Phoenix Motorcycle Crash
To prove that someone else caused the crash in which you were injured, our Phoenix motorcycle accident attorneys will gather extensive evidence such as:
- Accident scene photos
- Police accident reports and interviews with responding officers
- Post-accident vehicle inspection/repair reports
- Eyewitness statements
- Surveillance/traffic camera or dashcam/helmet cam footage
- Vehicle electronic data recorder logs
- Medical records detailing your injuries and treatment
It takes experience and skill to craft a strong motorcycle accident claim. The sooner you speak with a trusted Phoenix motorcycle accident attorney from our personal injury law firm, the sooner we can begin to preserve evidence before it is lost or destroyed.
Demanding Fair Compensation for Motorcycle Accident Victims in Pheonix, AZ
Our Phoenix motorcycle accident attorneys will demand fair and full compensation for all the injuries, expenses, and losses that you may have incurred because of someone else’s careless or reckless behavior.
Recovering compensation after motor vehicle accidents with injuries include:
- Medical bills including treatment and rehabilitation expenses
- Costs of long-term care in the event of permanent disabilities or other chronic health conditions
- Lost wages or income if you take time off work to recover following the motorcycle accident
- Loss of future earning capacity if you are permanently unable to return to your pre-accident job or perform other gainful work
- Repair costs for your motorcycle, or the pre-accident value of your bike if it was totaled in the collision
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment and quality of life caused by scarring, disfigurement, or disability
Never trust an insurance adjuster to tell you what your personal injury case is worth. Talk to a motorcycle accident attorney in Phoenix, AZ who will look out for your best interests and demand the full payment you deserve.
Tips for Protecting Your Rights After a Motorcycle Accident
Taking the following steps can protect your rights and increase your chances of recovering all the compensation you deserve from those at fault for your injuries:
- Document the motorcycle accident scene by taking photos or recording videos. Important details include vehicle damage, marks or debris in the road, traffic signals and controls, road conditions, and weather and lighting conditions at the time of the crash.
- See a doctor or other medical professional as soon as possible to get a diagnosis for any injuries you suffered. Follow all treatment instructions and attend all follow-up appointments.
- Keep records of your bills and invoices, as well as your pay stubs or income statements if you miss time from work.
- Start a journal to document how your injuries and medical recovery are impacting your daily life and overall quality of life.
- Speak to a Phoenix motorcycle accident attorney as soon as possible to learn about your right to compensation for your injuries.
How Our Phoenix Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Can Help
Given how complicated motorcycle accident claims can become, you should not pursue compensation on your own.
Let a Phoenix motorcycle accident attorney from our firm take the pressure off you by:
- Thoroughly investigating the motorcycle accident to secure evidence that we can use to prepare your motorcycle accident case
- Working with motorcycle accident reconstruction experts and other professionals as necessary to develop persuasive arguments in support of your claim
- Filing your claims with the insurance companies and aggressively negotiating for a settlement that pays you fair compensation for your losses
- Pursuing your case in court if litigation becomes necessary to secure the best possible outcome in your motorcycle accident case