Have you recently been bitten by a dog or other pet?
It is a stressful time filled with questions.
Who is responsible, how you will pay your bills, and what are your legal options?
Fortunately we have some important information to help you understand your dog bite case and steps you should take.
Compensation for Arizona dog bite cases can include:
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of wages from missing days of work
- Counseling, therapy, or surgery
- Other costs of care
Working with an experienced dog bite attorney should be easy and get you the compensation you deserve.
What are your rights when it comes to Arizona dog bite law?
While some states allow “one free bite,” Arizona dog bite law is a strict liability meaning you can file a lawsuit regardless of whether the dog has ever bitten anyone or acted like it would.
As the victim of an animal bite, you do not need to prove the owner was negligent in restraining the dog or preventing the attack. If the animal was under the care of someone other than the owner, that caretaker can be held responsible.
Under strict liability, there are few instances when an owner or caretaker could escape liability for an animal bite.
What to do after a Dog Bite
When you meet with the Silkman Law Firm, you will work with an experienced attorney (not a paralegal like at some law firms) who will ask you for information about the incident including medical attention you received, and will advise you on the best course of action.
Immediately after the dog bite incident:
- Call the police.
- Obtain information about the dog and owner including home address, location of the attack if different than home address, and witness contact information.
- Seek medical attention immediately especially if it is unclear whether the dog has been vaccinated for rabies.
- Notify your insurance company.
- Take pictures of your injuries.
- Refrain from talking to anyone including the dog owner, owner’s insurance company and lawyer, before calling the Silkman Law Firm. Any contact could negative impact the outcome of your case.
- Once you’ve contacted the Silkman Law Firm, we’ll take the steps needed to investigate your claim and pull together evidence. It’s our job to protect your rights and make sure you get the result you deserve!
Commitment to Our Clients
Working with an experienced dog bite attorney means having peace of mind that you are being taken care by the best firm.
At Silkman Law Firm we understand how to handle claims resulting from animal bites, Arizona dog bite law, and the importance of getting your case resolved.