Were you hurt in a boating accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence? If so, you should not have to shoulder the burden of recovering from your injuries and rebuilding your life without help. A knowledgeable Phoenix boat accident lawyer can help you pursue the compensation you need to move forward.
At Silkman Law Firm Injury & Accident Lawyer, we focus exclusively on fighting for the rights of people who have been injured in accidents. We know how hard insurance companies work to avoid paying fair compensation in boat accident cases. They often lowball victims or outright deny valid claims. Our firm has the resources and tenacity to pursue the full compensation you deserve.
Contact us today for a free, no-obligation case review. Our Phoenix boat accident lawyer can begin work on your case immediately, and there is no charge unless we recover payment for you.
Common Types of Negligence in Boating Accidents
Some of the most common examples of negligent or reckless behavior that leads to boating accidents in the Phoenix area include:
- Speeding, especially in waters with lots of watercraft or swimmers
- Causing excessive or unsafe wakes
- Running into unsafe wakes or waves
- Failing to follow navigational laws or rules
- Distracted boat operation
- Operating a boat while drowsy or sleepy
- Negligent lookouts
- Drug/alcohol intoxication
- Operator inexperience
- Unsafe turns, which can cause a craft to capsize
- Inadequate maintenance of the craft, which can lead to mechanical failures, fires, or sinking
- Running aground, or running into subsurface obstacles, after failing to consult navigation charts
- Crashing into piers or docks
- Boating in dangerous or unsafe waters
- Boating in unsafe weather or water conditions
- Lack of adequate safety devices aboard a craft
- Exceeding a watercraft’s passenger limit
- Lighting open flames aboard a watercraft
Who Can Be Held Liable for a Boat Accident in Phoenix?
Depending on the circumstances of the boat accident, one or more parties may be legally liable for the injuries and losses that you suffered.
Parties that may be liable for boating accident injuries in Phoenix include:
- The boat owner or operator, if their operation of the craft was unsafe or otherwise negligent
- Charter companies, including companies that rent out craft to private individuals and companies that operate commercial craft that carry passengers
- Boat mechanics and marine engineering companies, in the event of negligently performed boat maintenance
- The boat’s manufacturer, or the manufacturers of parts or equipment used on the boat, if the vessel or its equipment was defectively designed or manufactured
How a Phoenix Boat Accident Attorney Can Help You
Boat accidents can be overwhelming, and it may be unclear who exactly should be held accountable for your injuries and losses. Moreover, trying to pursue financial recovery from insurance companies can be a full-time job, one that’s difficult to perform when you’re also suffering from lingering injuries. To give yourself the best chance at a full recovery, let a Phoenix boat accident attorney from Silkman Law Firm Injury & Accident Lawyer help you.
You can trust our personal injury law firm to:
- Thoroughly investigate the accident to recover all available evidence
- Review the evidence and other documentation to piece together what happened and to identify all possible sources of compensation
- Bring in experienced accident reconstruction experts and other professionals to help us prove liability and build a case for the past, ongoing, and future losses for which you deserve compensation
- Handle communications with insurance adjusters and defense attorneys on your behalf so that you can focus on your treatment and recovery
- Vigorously negotiate for a settlement that provides you with fair and full compensation
- Take your case to court if a reasonable settlement cannot be reached and litigation is the best option for getting you the maximum financial recovery you deserve