The circumstances of every crash are different, making it hard to say definitively what the average car accident settlement amount is in Arizona. The amount you could recover depends on the extent of your injuries, who is at fault for the accident, whether you have an experienced auto accident lawyer on your side, and other factors.
How Are Car Accident Settlements Determined?
The value of a car accident settlement in Arizona is based on several elements. There are two main categories of compensation in Arizona personal injury settlements. By adding up the value of these two categories, you arrive at a reasonable estimate of what the accident has cost you financially, physically, and emotionally:
- Economic damages — Your direct expenses resulting from the accident are considered economic damages. These losses would include costs such as your medical bills, lost wages, the value of your car, and your reduced future earnings due to your injuries.
- Non-economic damages — Your losses related to the accident that don’t have a specific dollar value are non-economic damages. These damages compensate you for your physical pain and suffering, mental and emotional distress, and lower quality of life.
Aside from the value of your losses in an accident, the most important factor in your case is your level of liability for the crash. Fortunately, you can still recover compensation for an accident under Arizona’s comparative negligence laws even if you are found partly at fault. The bad news is that if you are found partially responsible, your compensation will be reduced by your degree of liability. For example, if you are found 15 percent liable for a crash, you would lose 15 percent of your compensation.
Another major factor in Arizona personal injury settlements is the other driver’s insurance coverage. If the driver’s policy is not enough to cover your losses, you may have to see what other assets they have. And if you are involved in a hit-and-run accident where the driver is not found, you will need to file a claim with your own insurance company through your uninsured motorist coverage.
Arizona Car Accident Settlement Examples
The following are results from Silkman Law Firm Injury & Accident Lawyers’ auto accident victims that we have assisted in obtaining fair compensation:
- $2.4 Million for a fatal motorcycle accident
- $450,000 for a car crash victim with multiple bone fractures
- $375,000 for a spinal cord injury from a car wreck
- $365,000 – full insurance coverage from car accident that caused amputated finger
- $325,000 award for driver who was rear ended, resulting in soft tissue injuries
Will My Car Accident Injury Case Be Heard by a Jury?
Your car accident injury case will most likely not go to trial. Trials are risky, unpredictable, and expensive, which is why insurance companies try to avoid them. However, trials are sometimes necessary if the insurance companies refuse to offer a fair settlement that considers your current and future losses from your car accident injuries. A knowledgeable personal injury attorney can review your case and determine if it’s worth taking it to court.
Contact an Arizona Car Accident Lawyer Today
Were you injured in a car accident in Arizona? Are you wondering what compensation you might be owed from the at-fault party? If so, talk to an experienced Arizona car accident lawyer right away about the specifics of your case. Contact the Silkman Law Firm Injury & Accident Lawyers today for a free consultation.