Did you recently slip and fall?
Don’t wait to seek medical attention. An injury from fall can have long term medical consequences.
It can also have legal consequences. If you think someone else was at fault, seek the counsel of a slip and fall lawyer.
5 Things Everyone Needs to Know about a Slip and Fall Slide
We all have accidents. We’ve all tripped on a curb or slipped on the floor. Here are some things you need to know for the next time you slip and fall:
- Your injuries can be more serious than you initially thought. Have you ever been in a fender bender car accident? You walk away pain-free only to experience pain hours later. It’s the same when you slip and fall. You may not feel injured just after the fall but as time passes, you realize you may have suffered an injury. If you’ve fallen in a store or on someone else’s property, seek medical attention immediately even if you don’t think you’re seriously injured.
- Report your fall immediately to the staff of the place where you’ve fallen. If you fall at someone’s home, let them know right away. Failing to report a fall could cost you in compensation later.
- Be honest about the conditions which led to your fall. During negotiations, whether in court or out of court, the owner of the property will try to prove the accident was not their fault. There were no potholes. You didn’t have lawful access to the area where you fell. They had signs posted and you went into that area anyway. That’s not to say you should back away from pursuing a claim, only that you have an understanding of what may happen.
- Pay attention to your surroundings. Have you ever seen the “wet floor” signs in stores or restaurants? They are there for a reason – the floor may be wet. If you go onto that area and slip and fall, it may not be the fault of the store. They put up a sign and you either didn’t see it or chose to ignore it. Pay attention to your surroundings to avoid taking a spill.
- Call a slip and fall lawyer. If you’re not sure of the circumstances of your fall or have suffered injury from fall, consult with a slip and fall lawyer. They can review the circumstances of your case to determine the best course of action.